27.6.05

A short interview with Dr Forbidden

Dr Forbidden, the head of DDS Research, gave this short interview with New DDS LVN's reporter Carl Vincent before he went off on his vacation to Ibiza.

Carl Vincent : Dr Forbidden, your announcement of the Long Range Frigate is very interesting. But don't you worry that the DDS is over extending itself with the Terran Sea, Isometric 3, D-X, Pentekonter and now LRF all in production or development at the same time?

Dr Forbidden : Not really as we made some considerable cost savings with the cancellation of the Sparta cruiser, and should be able to sell the surplus Quasars for 6.7 billion.

CV : But the DDS has a total debt now of over 50 billion zarks.

DF : True but it is manageable debt and the DDS has increased it's cash flow dramatically.

CV : Now our readers have become very interested in you Dr Forbidden, you have become a bit of a cult figure amongst our readership. How did you become head of DDS Research?

DF : Its not a long story, my rise to the top has been rather quick. I graduated from Birmingham University at the age of 21, my degree in space engineering. I also have a Masters in space research and media studies at Promixa 7 Central University. I joined the DDS 5 years ago to take up a post in the DDS Research Group. I became it's head 6 months ago after Dr Unknown's... unfortunate arrest for crimes against children.

CV : So are you from Terra?

DF : Yes, I was born in the People's Democratic Republic of Wales but moved to England after the nuclear exchange between Wales and the Kingdom Of Cornwall. I now call Proxima 7 my home though. Once you are tired of Hexian City you must be tired of life!

CV : Away from the DDS what do you like to do?

DF : Clubbing and women. Thats why I'm to Ibiza innit? I also like stamp collecting.

CV : When will the readers be able to see you? They are very curious about your looks.

DF : Soon, I believe some new official photographs are to be taken soon.

CV : Finally where do you see the future of DDS warship design?

DF : Smaller ships of great firepower and performance. OK I must go, Ibiza and the fleshpots await!