13.7.05

Ronald pledges his future to the Dinos

Emperor Ronald, in an interview with Dino-Land's D24 News, has said he does not plan to stand down and intends to remain Emperor for the foreseeable future. Rumours were flying around the Empire that Ronald would step down and allow someone such as Smellyson or Cruggson to take his place as one of the Empire's twin Emperors. However Ronald has quashed speculation by pledging his future to the crown.

"I did consider stepping down." Ronald said, "But I think the boredom would kill me after a few weeks of D.I.Y. and daytime TV. My first reign was for around 50 years, this one so far is just 5 so I have a long way to go. I'm not so old yet. Ecto the 3rd was older than I am now when he became Emperor anyway, I could go on for centuries yet!"

One reason for the change of mind is thought to be the lack of viable candidates at the moment though Ronald chose not to comment on this matter. Ronald did indicate that he wished to bring on some of the young guns and give them more experience in command. Analysts think Ronald is merely postponing his retirement and wishes to groom his successor.

Co-Emperor Jimmy, meanwhile, is to visit Pulsin next month. It will be the first off-planet visit since he became Emperor last year following the dissappearance of M-B-H.